Our financial counselor may contact you during your hospital stay to discuss financial arrangements for the payment of your bill. Please understand we do so only because it is better to talk face-to-face rather than by phone after you have been discharged. Specific concerns for you could involve not having insurance coverage, payment of non-covered charges, or self-pay balances.
If you are concerned about your ability to pay or wish to discuss available sources of assistance before leaving the hospital, our financial counselor can assist you at Call682-341-5028.
Should any questions arise about your hospital bill, billing procedure, or credit policy, feel free to call Customer Service at Call817-551-2739. The Customer Service office hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. For your convenience, Customer Service may be contacted via e-mail as well at THHCustomerService@AdventHealth.com.
- Payments Accepted
For your convenience, we accept the following forms of payment. It is your responsibility to make arrangements for payment.
- Checks (personal or traveler's)
Hospitals and doctors charge separately. Your account with us consists of charges for your room, meals, the use of equipment, supplies and services provided by the hospital's staff.
- Professional Services
As a patient, you may receive bills from independent physicians, clinics or group practices for physician services provided during your treatment/stay at the hospital. Some examples include anesthesiologists, radiologists, or emergency physicians. These physicians are not employees or agents of the hospital.
- Estimate Your Out-of-Pocket Cost
Texas Health Hospital Mansfield is pleased to offer a good-faith estimate to provide you with better clarity and understanding of your health care investment in advance of services. For a personalized cost estimate, choose one of the following options:
- Click on the Estimate Request Form link and complete the online form. If you have insurance, you will need to have your insurance card available. A written or verbal estimate will be provided to you within two business days.
- Call Call817-551-2739. If you have insurance, you will need to have your insurance card available.
- Questions to Ask Prior to Requesting an Estimate
What is the exact name of the procedure(s)?
- Ask the doctor to clearly write out the name of the procedure. Correct spelling is important since many surgery names sound similar.
What CPT code(s) will be used for the procedure(s)?
- CPT codes are the billing codes used by providers for physician services. If you do not have this, please be sure to have the exact name of the procedure.
What ICD-9 diagnosis code(s) will be used?
- The International Classification of Diseases codes identify your health condition and allow health care professionals anywhere in the country to have a shared understanding of conditions.
Will you be staying overnight?
- Does the doctor expect that you will be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient overnight, or that you will be treated on an outpatient basis?
- We aspire to give consumers meaningful information as they seek to restore their health. We believe consumers should be equipped with personalized and accurate estimates. We are making it easier for patients to make informed decisions about their health care by offering them personalized estimates for hospital procedures before they receive care. The estimates are based on their insurance coverage and the typical care experience for patients receiving similar services from the same physician.
In addition, be sure to have the first and last name of the doctor who ordered the procedure. For surgical procedures, please provide the surgeon’s first and last name.
- Financial Assistance
Financial Assistance Program
As a member of AdventHealth, Texas Health Hospital Mansfield is a faith-based hospital committed to excellence in providing quality health care while serving the diverse needs of those living in our service area. Financial assistance may be available to patients receiving non-elective (emergent) hospital services who are not covered by any form of insurance or government program. Verification of income and financial information is required.
The following addendum to our financial assistance policy lists physicians providing services in our hospital and indicates whether they participate in our financial assistance program.
Please click on the link "Calculation of Amount Owed for Financial Assistance Eligible Individuals" for an explanation of how your uninsured discount is calculated.
Financial Assistance Documents:
The following documents are included when you access the links below: Summary of our Financial Assistance Policy; Financial Assistance Application; and Financial Assistance Policy.
- Arabic (العربية)
- Chinese (中文)
- Haitian Creole(kreyòl ayisyen)
- Vietnamese(Tiếng Việt)
You may also consult with a hospital representative for additional assistance and information using the contact information below.
Texas Health Hospital Mansfield
2300 Lone Star Road
Mansfield, TX 76063
Customer Service Number: 682-341-5125
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) mandated hospital price transparency that went into effect January 1, 2019, whereby, Hospitals are required to make available a list of their current standard charges via the internet in a machine readable format and update this information at least annually, or more often as appropriate. Therefore, the files below represent the respective hospital’s pricelist in machine readable format in compliance with CMS policy. However, provider organizations and patient advocates both agree that the realities of medical-industry pricing still make it difficult for consumers to comprehend this data. No patient ever pays the pricelist price. Insurance companies negotiate a specific discount for their customers. In addition, uninsured individuals have access to a variety of state and federal government programs and additional discounts that can be reviewed with a financial counselor prior to service. Therefore, this file is not the best representation of the amount a patient or consumer will pay, because the final bill a patient receives is always discounted. Insurance companies negotiate discounts on the pricelist amounts by as much as 40% or more. In addition, patients’ have varying degrees of financial responsibility relative to how valuable their insurance coverage is. This means that patients will have higher or lower copays, co-insurances, and deductibles. The patient must pay an amount up to their deductible before the insurance begins paying benefits. These deductibles can be as low as five hundred dollars or as high as ten thousand dollars depending on how much coverage that individual purchased or their employer is providing on their behalf. In addition, after the deductible is paid by the patient, the patient will often owe 10-20% of the insurance’s negotiated amount up to a maximum individual or family amount. The patient’s coverage level as well as their insurance carrier’s negotiated amount may vary greatly, and therefore, the price each consumer pays is very personal.
For these reasons, Texas Health Mansfield aspires to give consumers meaningful information as they seek to restore their health. We believe consumers should be equipped with personalized and accurate estimates. We are making it easier for patients to make informed decisions about their health care by offering them personalized estimates for hospital procedures before their care. The estimates are based on their insurance coverage and the typical care experience for patients receiving similar services from the same physician. These personalized estimates are accessible in the “My Billing” section of this website.